Friday, August 5, 2011

Rhubarb Cupcakes with Whipped Cream P&Q


I picked this gorgeous ruby red rhubarb from my Aunt and Uncle's large rhubarb patch while vacationing up in Minnesota.  If you live in The South like I do (and don't have access to a favorite relative's rhubarb patch) you'll have to check out the freezer section of your grocery store.  But don't walk to the store - RUN!  I made these three weeks ago and they were DELICIOUS!  And don't skimp on the vanilla bean.  It really made the sauce.  Thanks to Lorraine at PhDCupcaker for this month's pick!

Happy Baking!

Rachel

3 comments:

  1. I have made mine already too and you will see when you read my post that I totally agree with Rachel - the vanilla bean really adds to the cupcake (especially to the look). I was able to find vanilla beans at Kroger and they weren't that expensive. I can't wait to see everyone's cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved these, too. Your rhubarb is beautiful. Not sure I've ever seen it that red!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't find rhubarb :( been looking for while now. not sure if my area even carries it!!

    ReplyDelete

Sugar & Spice & Everything Nice Comments